We were losing about 12mm of water a day, every day. It was costing us a fortune so being responsible I set about to find out where it was going. I guessed that the light was the suspect and after draining the water to below the light fitting. I was right, it was now only losing 6 mm of water a day… what a pain, oh well, half way there.
We continued to drain to where i suspected the was an issue in te shallow end of the poool. It was all going well until the pool pump wouldn’t pick up the watre because of the height diffence. being the inventive fell aI am I used aan old pond pump and dropped it a little more. It was all good until the drain that was a couple of metres away from the pool blocked up and the water backed up over the pavers around the pool.
Well, you can imagine what happened next, the water filtered through the pavers and the sand on the outside of the pool got heavier until… Bang!
So this is the journey of transforming our money hungry pool into a food producing aquaponics centre